How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Denver
You realize you have to protect your home. Beyond everything else, it’s where your family lives and is where you keep your possessions. But what is the best form of home secuirty? Whether or not to use 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Denver and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring service that is set to provide help at a moment’s notice. Whenever a window sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring agents get an instant alert. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and send the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional support. You could consider this alternative as self-monitored, which means that if your alarm goes off, you have to act to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Denver
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup on your side is always a good choice. If you are away from home, not awake, or without your phone, your home and its occupants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better tools and flawless integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security expert, you will gain access to a cohesive system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous individuals would rather have the install taken care of by qualified technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This may be agreeable for most as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Denver
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: DIYers may consider this a pro as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an extra charge. Others may want to go with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You may incorporate components when you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t receive a security warning? This circumstance will lead to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: As you are the only one in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you want a helping hand during the install, you might have to employ a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Denver
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Denver from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the best solution for you. Dial (720) 465-2917 today to get started.